Bush Club

We need you!  I encourage you to come along just once.  I can make a time to suit you. We have binoculars, so can keep the children busy bird watching and flower spotting!

screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-8-54-17-pmscreen-shot-2016-09-22-at-8-54-43-pmscreen-shot-2016-09-22-at-8-55-32-pm

Here is a Pink Fairy, The Albino Pink Fairy and a Granny’s Bonnet.  Some people are not aware that wildflowers do not last when picked and do not grow when dug up.  It is illegal to pick wildflowers, so please be sure that your children know this.

I will be in the bush this Saturday from 9am till 12.

On Tuesday 27th at 8:30, I am meeting someone from the council to discuss further fencing.  I need to hear comments from anyone whose children ride their bikes through the bush. I’m hoping there will be one trail left for riding and the rest is to be fenced.

Our botanist considers the site is still valuable in patches but it’s gasping because of all of the damage.  The Urban Bush Council has just had a major win – Perth region bush sites listed as endangered.  For more information their website is: http://www.bushlandperth.org.au/activities/perths-banksia-woodlands/banksia-woodlands-a-tec

Sadly local patches of bush land are only here because of friends groups speaking up.  Please add your support and help save the diversity of species.

pam.algar@education.wa.edu.au

Posted in: HOPE GROUP. Bookmark the permalink.

About MsAlgar

I coordinate and teach Health & Physical Education at Glengarry Primary School. I am available to talk Tuesday to Friday before & after school. I hope this blog helps us to keep in touch!